Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

1.21.2007

Being Productive

This quarter, thus far, has been a lot more work than fall quarter. Luckily, I have been told it gets better from here...

With that said, there hasn't been a whole lot of time to be creative. I try to sneak in little crafts here and there, but it has been really touch and go. Last weekend I decided that I was going to use this tutorial to create some "quilted" cards.

This was a bit of an expensive endeavor considering I didn't have any of the supplies, including a sewing machine. I think the machine is going to come in handy though. Being 5'1", my pants are always too long. I'm usually too lazy to do anything about it, so they drag on the ground, but now I will be able to hem them. It has also sparked my sewing mojo as I used to sew a bit when I was little. Whenever my mom had the machine out, I would make shorts or pants or hair scrunchies... fun fun fun.

Oh, I have big plans for that machine. For right now though, I will stick to my cards. They are a fun project that can be completed in a couple of hours. My first attempt came out quite nicely if I do say so myself!


2 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Nice happy quilting combo!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Wow, those look great! I'm inspired!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home