Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

11.07.2006

A Tale of Two Restaurants

Saturday was "Date Night" at our house. After RT finished his 8-hour work day, at 2 in the afternoon, we packed up and headed to the Conservatory. I love the Conservatory. It can be equated to a Museum, for plants.

My friend, as it was a double date, enjoyed messing with the Sausage Plant. (I swear this is what it was labeled, but I can't find anything on the internet.) (And, yes, we both have the mentality of 12-year-old boys). We enjoyed seeing beautiful plants, artwork, and taking goofy couple photos. All of the pictures of RT and I came out craptastically.


There is even a koi pond to play near. One fish is particularly friendly and swims right up to get attention. He looks like he could lay off the fishy snacks, hehehe.



After the conservatory, we decided that we were hungry. My friends had heard of this place called Spagio's that wasn't too far away. It sounded great. They sat us quickly because there were maybe 5 other tables. We deliberated over the menus because they had just great choices, and then we waited, and waited, and... uh, waited some more. I would have been more patient if they had been busy, but in my humble opinion, they were just refusing to serve us. After ~30 minutes of neglect (we did receive water), we walked out. None of the wait staff was disappointed to see us leave (another indication to me that we had "done something" to deserve this treatment).

So, instead, we went to the Grandview Cafe. They had wonderful servers, great food!, cheap booze, and RT could watch the last two minutes of his precious Buckeye football. Above all else, they didn't even refuse to serve us when we did this:


Anywho. I think, I will leave you with a funny word... "gubernaculum." Just say it out loud. hahah.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen, how many times do I have to tell you that you have to shower once in a while

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home