Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

9.26.2006

Unexpected trip

Although my life has become amazingly busy, like I was told it would, I have to put it on hold this weekend to take an emergency trip home. Somedays I wonder if things could get any harder, and I fear that if I think that too loud, the Powers that Be will decide to show me that they can...

On a brighter note, I am thoroughly enjoying school. Lab has been great, and I am excited to be back into studying! I know, I am a dork. One of my classmates, as we spend our entire day learning with everyone in the Class of 2010, has already brought her knitting to class. I don't think I'm quite that brave, yet.

I have finished up my baby sweater (eta: sans buttons) for my friend. Hopefully I will get a chance to take photos later this week. Perhaps I should like, actually finish it first, as it still does need buttons. (I am such a liar).

I have decided that the up-side to my trip is that I will be able to take some knitting along. Is that still allowed on planes? I signed up for Socktoberfest because there is no pressure. I like that because who knows if I will be able to finish one sock, let alone a whole pair... gawd. Anyway, you can click on the cute little button below to learn a little more about it. If you would like to join, make sure to read how to properly add the button to your own blog. I have a bunch of sock yarn at home that I will be looking through to decide which to start with.



There are two finished mitts on my desk at home. They will be finding their way to a new home once I make another pair, and find some other goodies to stick in there with it. Swap-bot has been fun, and I might sign up for more once I've made it successfully through the three swaps that I signed up for initially.

I should totally be studying right now. If you can't tell, I'm a little stressed and my mind tends to wander. Hopefully you will be able to make sense of this post, although I have a feeling that I will be taking it down soon because quality control will eventually get the best of me...

1 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger yarnivorous said...

eh. We all avoid work on occasion.... and if you want to see rambling you should read my blog! I just blather. Hope the emergency trip is ok - I guess it is for something dire family-wise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home