Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

8.07.2006

Knitting content

***For those not knitterly inclined, avert your eyes. ***

I am currently making the loverly Saturday Market Bag. I choose a yarn from stash! This particular yarn is a cotton/nylon/silk blend. Fun, but not super functional for any sort of garment. It was part of a lot at an auction (I love auctions!). Anyway, I started it on Saturday because I needed some time to rest after doing Habitat. If I don't find something to keep my hands busy, I won't sit down and watch a whole movie. For some reason lately, I feel so frantic that I absolutely need to get up and do something. On Sunday, I continued to work and finished the bag part. I modified the pattern to be one long rectangle instead of two squares that you sew together. This meant only seaming up the sides which is good for me because I do not pretend to be a seamstress. I picked up about a million stitches (I did a lot more than the pattern called for because my gauge was way different) and knit/purled the rings around the top that the pattern called for, but I felt that the opening was too big. To fix this, I did about a million feet of I-cord and strung it around the top. This creates a way to draw the bag closed, but if I don't want it completely closed it could look cute just as a bow. That was all I got to Sunday night and when I took it to work with me today, it looked like this:



What a mess, hehe. I do promise though, that is a bag when held up. I'm now working on the handle and thinking about all those messy ends I have to get sewn in. The pen is for scale.



Lastly, the aw factor for today. To Conan, I say your Evil Puppy has nothing on the Gato Diablo, hehe. The flash plays evil tricks on poor "Echo."

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some of that same yarn from an auction lot, too! I admit I never thought of making a bag out of it.
Hmmm.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home