Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

8.01.2006

Pet-sitting

Animals in general are therapeutic to me. Spending time throwing a ball for a dog, or watching a turtle swim around calms me like nothing else (except knitting). It is with this in mind that I recently took on two no-pay pet sitting opportunities. I told both places that I "work for food." Meaning that I would be more than willing to care for their pet in their absence, as long as they don't mind my snackaholic ways.

The first job was July 23 and 24. I watched Nips and Chai (the dogs), and Andy and Charlie (the cats). Not only did I get to eat some great food, but Chai would cuddle, and Nips would play and I was just generally entertained!

The second job was Fender. He is an intimidating ~100 lb German Shepard. I have never been so impressed with an animal. He did not act up a single time while his owner was away. He got to go for several long walks, play with a friend's dogs and chill off leash in the lawn while we had a cookout. We also spent some wonderful time in the sun. I have never been around a dog that inspired so many people to "oo" and "ah." And yes, he does know just how handsome he is!


1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww that is my baby!! I am glad he impressed you and was good for you :) He gets a lot of awhs but a lot of people are scared of him..jsut a goofie pup tho :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home