Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

7.13.2006

$24.25

A while back, for "Administrative Assistant's" day I got a gift certificate to my favorite yarn store (Knitter's Mercantile- link in side bar). I had been saving it because I am moving in a little over a month and I just wasn't really sure what I wanted to get with my money.

Then, I saw that the new Knitty was out. A lot of the patterns are just wonderful. I have heard quite a bit of buzz about Fetching. It just so happens that I wanted to try that out myself! So, I took my gift certificate and marched right on down to the store. Well, if we want to be completely honest with each other, RT drove me down to the store- he is such a good sport. His first question when we got there was "What time does the store close?" hehe.

I bought some Debbie Bliss because that is what the pattern calls for, but then I also bought a wool/mohair/something-else-I-don't-remember blend that was on sale (40% off, sheeeet). I also bought a set of 5 #2 dpns and a set of 5 #6 dpns (the ones needed for said project).

I cast on in the car. Two days later I had these. I think they will be gifted because I just love to share my love of knitting with family and friends. Please don't let me in on the secret that they are not nearly as thrilled. :-P



ETA: I totally neglected to explain the title of this post! (Blond much?) I bought two skeins of nice! yarn and two sets of needles. Out of my $25 gift certificate, I spent $24.25. I am very proud of my estimating skillz, hehe because I was trying to get as close as possible without going over. The nice store clerk also just gave me the $0.75 back!

Today's "aw" factor:

"Mom, its day time, I'm trying to sleep."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home