Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

5.31.2006

Birthday


I am so blessed to have family and friends that love me! At work, there was a pot luck that I like to say was held in my honor. Just because they did not fully know the importance of the date before they picked it, does not mean they were not trying to celebrate my birthday, right? My second job, I was given a beautiful card for my birthday, and extra hours, woot woot.

When I went home, Dave had my birthday presents lined up for me. He had wrapped them... in newspaper. He used the beloved sports section even, and one package was covered with a picture of my husband, Lebron James.

Upon opening my gifts, I can say "the pants done good." The people at the LYS are amazing people. Knitters' mercantile (see link in side bar), helped him pick out a bunch of stuff for me. I was given "Knitting Rules," which I have coveted for a long time! To date (since I started reading it the minute it was open), I have had to explain to 3 people that it is Knitting RULES!!!!!, not "the rules of knitting." Most people I meet lately are non-knitters, so they all look at my funny.

Anyway- He also got me a swift. I am SO happy because when I try to wind balls of yarn, the cats *help.* That lends itself to a lot more swearing than I typically like to do in one day!

He got me a ball of sock yarn in a patriotic colorway. I am excited to cast on, but I already have too many socks cast on right now. Or is it that I just don't have enough dpns?

Lastly, for the knitting stuff anyway, he got me One Skein. I did not know about this book until my most recent Knit Picks catalog came in the mail, but I am so glad he picked it up for me! I have already knit the baby bib and I am almost done with the Baby Bolero. This book is so me. Quick projects that look great!


This is the body and first sleeve of the baby bolero. Now I am already done with the first sleeve, and halfway up the second. Then, of course, the bane of my existence, finishing. hehe.

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday special. I had great visitors, calls, emails, cards, presents, drinks, well wishes, warm thoughts. It means a lot to me to realize that everyone cares so much!

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Here's a belated happy birthday! and I'm jealous because I didn't get one knitted-related item this year. boo-hoo. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy for myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home