Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

4.18.2006

Where have I knit?

Contests make me a happy girl! I read about this over at Stumbling Over Chaos.

Like most knitters online, my knitting goes almost everywhere with me. For the most part, people are understanding of my hobby and even a little curious sometimes. I literally have at least one project on me at all times which usually lends itself to knitting in some very creative places. I am going to work on coming up with all the places/situation that have been interesting...but guess what that means? More lists!! I could list the reasons why I love lists so much, but I think that would be over doing it! hehe. But I digress, my list of places I have knit:

1.) We play trivia up at the bar, so I bring my knitting for during the "intermissions." This trick usually mortifies the pants, so I will only do it for a while before giving in. (Got to get his goat for a little while!)

2.) While waiting in the radiology department at the vet hospital. I even gave lessons to a fourth year vet student on clinics about how to make socks. She got to watch while I worked on sock pal creations.

3.) During UFC. While we were at a friend's house, it was the situation that was less knitting-condusive. Such a peaceful hobby to have people around you (hehe, and perhaps even myself) yelling things like "HIT HIM HARDER" and "DO THE ARM BAR" and other, less peaceful things.

4.) Poker nights are Tuesday and sometimes the group starts without me if I get out of work late. That is no problem... I just take over my knitting so I can work on my project between hands. (I am usually all time dealer once I arrive).

5.) Outside while I watched my city-slicker boyfriend take a horseback riding lesson at my mother's farm(trust me, it was even funnier than it sounds- what he wouldn't do for me!) Everyone got a big chuckle out of me knitting even as we walked to and from the arena. I am a superior multitasker!

That's all for now. I really enjoy reading everyone else's lists!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home