Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

4.03.2006

My Favorite Things

...My version of whiskers on kittens.... (sorry, movie reference)


Although some people thought this was a cable pattern, it wasn't. I cheated. This mock cable sock was inspired by a stitch pattern I saw in a book (I guess I will have to look that up). If anyone is interested in making a similar pair, let me know and I will get you the notes on how I made them.

My least favorite things though are weaving in ends. But that is all I have to do before this project is done. I will definitely be making a pair for myself in the near future. Maybe next week though, I will have a modeled shot where someone else takes the picture. My legs just aren't long enough to get a good shot. And my couch really needs to be washed!

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger alison said...

Very nice! I love mock cables - they're so clever and so much faster than cabling.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen, I'm posting a comment because I couldn't find your email address. I'm the lucky person who received your socks, and I am wearing them right now while I'm looking at the pic on your website. These are the most comfortable socks I've ever had. Your stitches are so regular, and at just the right tension. The toes are perfectly smooth, the heels have a good fit, I love them. My daughter was watching when I opened the package, and we both oohed and aahed. The color is even nicer in person than in the picture.

Yes, yes, yes, I want your pattern!

And thanks for the inspiring picture of the statue, the adorable picture of your kitty, the Buckeye playing cards which are sure to be a conversation- starter at my MA house, and the chocolate swirl yogurt pretzels. They will be devoured.

Your grateful sock pal,

Pam

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Ina said...

Beauteous socks! You have a lucky pal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home