Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

4.01.2006

My stash


A. Random yarn that doesn't fit anywhere. That will soon be changed because RT's mom gave us a big tote that I will be able to better organize into. Sweet.

B. The white cupboard is filled to the brim with random yarn as well. There is a bunch of string in here too that I still haven't found what to do with.

C. My large stack of leaflets, books, magazines, and notebooks with online patterns I have printed off.

D. My (also larger) stack of vintage patterns. The ones on top are "the Workbasket." The oldest date is 1961, it has been very fun going through those, and there are even a few patterns I would consider making. There are, however, some real "gems" in here that I may have to share at a later date.

E. The box has a bunch of squares that I started for a blanket that I will someday give my friend John. It was started a long time ago though, so who knows. There are also some skeins of some pretty ugly stuff that I have yet to find a use for.

F. The basket, which is Liberace's scratching post, has about 7 skeins of a teal colored mohair blend yarn, plus some other acrylics. On top is my work in progress (well, at least the ones I will fess up to) pile. I have my sockapaloooza socks (the green), another pair of socks, some scarlet and grey wool for a to-be-felted purse, and some wool-ease that will eventually be a chemo cap.

(A close up of the wips)

G. The end table that now holds my microwave used to hold all of my yarn. The latch just needs to be lifted and the door swings open. After coming home to yarn wound around every piece of furniture I own several times, I realized that Liberace could open this container on his own making it a less than great place to store my precious yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home