Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

2.01.2006

Poker

Tuesday is Poker Night. Every Tuesday "the boys" gather to play a Texas Hold 'em tournament. Five dollars goes into the pot and everyone plays until they no longer have any chips. In the end, the second place winner gets his money back, and the champion gets what is left of the pot. While I would love to play, the "tournie" commences promptly at 7:30 pm, at which time I am still t-minus two hours away from getting off of work. This evening, I got off of work, went home, fed the cat, changed my clothes and arrived at the poker game to see this:

Heads up had already started. Well, I asked if I could be the permanent dealer, which was fine until the hand already in play Joey-on right- went all in, and lost. Piss....

What, you ask, does everyone else do once they are out of the tournament? Video games, of course: (excuse the excess of cords, and other "boy" stuff)


Once the tournie had finished, everyone decided to play a cash game. Enter Kristen....

This is usually where I count my change, $4 worth, and proceed to lose it all. My mother always said "Patience is a virtue," little did I know lacking this virtue would lead me to lose a lot of change in poker. Much to my surprise, however, tonight would be the exception. I rocked the house, doubling my change purse and then some. Woot, woot! I am very proud.


On a side note: I *almost* came home with a puppy today. Working at the vet hospital could be big trouble. I will have to continue to hussle people for their change to pay for dog food. Two month old dachund puppy- that is all I have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home