Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

8.13.2005

Standby for the Public Service Announcement

Last weekend was my monthly Habitat for Humanities day. I have no idea why I only do this once a month. Well, actually, come Sunday mornings, I'm always aware of why because muscles I didn't even know existed are crying out in pain.

On Saturday, the group that I take from my place of employment, started the day by building a wall on a garage. First we measured and built the frame, then one one side we nailed on the OSB and put the wall up. On the other side (the wall was split by the door frame), the wall frame was put up and then the OSB was hung on. I took "action shots" to help entice more people to come have fun with us.



After the garage had four walls (no roof, but we were not instructed to do that), my group headed up to the house. The house only had a floor, so walls were constructed and put up there too. By the end of the day, the house had 3 of the 4 first floor walls. Including one that was actually two stories high. That was amazing. I felt like I should call ma and pa and tell them about how we had a good ol' fashion house raising... hehe.

Anyway. I would recommend that you help out at your local Habitat for Humanities. I've learned a lot of useful skills for someday when I own my own house and I always feel real good about myself for at least a couple hours afterwards.

Plus, if you come to work at Habitat, I'll let you use cool power tools. I try to avoid them, someone would loose an appendage. Oh goodness.

Lastly, I wanted to end with a picture of my old Dorm. Isn't it perty? Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home