Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

7.30.2005

Duck Exploration




So, a couple of weeks ago (yes, I realize how behind I am), Bryan and I decided to go on a walk. Now, despite the fact that it is ridiculously hot outside, we had a really great time. I thought this called for sharing. Due to lack of time (read: tests coming out my ears...Why do I find it a good idea to go to summer school), I have been unable to tell the tale of the Ducks. That sounds rather ominous. It's actually kinda funny.

While walking past Mirror Lake (a funny name for a man-made water hole smaller than the pond I grew up with in my side yard), we happened upon some ducks. It was a mother and her cute little ducklings sitting on the concrete edge. As soon as we got closer, they gave an annoyed "quack" and slid into the water, wagging their tails all cute-like. Since this amused Bryan, we decided to seek out more ducks.

Aw, they're baby ducks!

It was then mine turn to be amused. We found these guys standing further down the edge of the "lake." All I could think of was that we were about to witness some hilarious ducky martial arts. Although I wasn't disappointed to find that they were just resting, I can't help but think of scenes like out of the old batman cartoons where they would cover up the fighting sequences with big words like "BOW", "KABOOM" and "ZAP." hehe.


It also kind of reminds me of the part in Karate Kid where he stands on the pole with the one foot up and his arms in the air, do you know what I'm talking about?


Then, the best part. We walk just a little further and see these guys. Obviously, there has been a little bit of a mix up. Where did those white feathers come from? My guess is that some student around campus let a pet duck (of the Peking variety) free on the lake. This led to some duck mucks (hehe), which you see here. Again I was reminded of a TV show, but this time it was sesame Street. Sing it with me... "One of these things, doesn't belong here..." hehe. Oh goodness.

There are actually two ducks with the white feathers, see?


Well, then this last picture is of my friend Bryan. It was taken in front of the "Cat Fish Biff's" pizza place. This place was a major staple of my freshman year diet. They have the best pizza around, mmm. Yes, overall we had a really good time on our little walk.

(Don't be scared, he is just trying to look tough. He actually hobbled to this location due to a "thigh contusion," a.k.a. a really big bruise.) P.S. Ladies, Bryan is single. Just to let you know. hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home