Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

7.24.2005

This will be one happy baby

While visiting my home town, I found out that one of my old coworkers was expecting. Naturally, I thought of making the little stranger something. Well, I had been looking around and found a cute baby's blanket that several other bloggers have made. The pattern is here online. And it was super easy to make. It took me less than a week, and I even took several days completely off of crocheting/knitting.


I didn't realize the quality of the picture was so poor until I brought it up, but you get the idea. It is really beautiful, acrylic yarn with pinks, purples, yellows, and oranges, along with some white spots. This is a picture of it blocking because my crocheting seems to do a lot of unwanted curling.






This is a close up of the stiches. Again, the the one color is not nearly as neon in real life. The whole piece is done in double crochets and shells (3 dc, ch2, 3 dc). As I said, it was a fast project, but my mother also says that I crochet faster than anyone she knows. Hope the mom-to-be thinks it's special enough for her little one.




Lastly, I thought I would share a picture of a scarf that I completed a while ago. The scarf is a really easy pattern (sc,dc every row), but it turns out quiet beautiful. It was a little bland when I finished though, so I added the detail of the snowflake just to break it up. There is a snowflake at each end.


2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krisin your blog sucks a fatty! Ok so not really but I had to say something so you knew somebody was watching, less knitting, more kristin!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Love the blanket Kristen!! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments about Pumpkin!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home