Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

6.09.2006

Embrace Random

1. Remember the plants from this post? Well, now my tomato plants are more like tomato BUSHES! And on closer inspection, I have two whole cherry tomatoes starting to grow on the biggest plant. Hopefully soon there will be more. My green thumb hasn't turned brown yet, wahoo!


2. My Aunt is so lovely. She sent me the cutest bunch of flowers to celebrate my admission into vet school (ya, class of 2010!). The only bad part was that she sent them to work on the one day that they are closed. They delivered them to my place the next day, but they had to call several times because my apartment is very hard to find!



3. I finished the Baby Bolero from One Skein. I would highly recommend this book to any knitter. I start so many projects that never get finished, but I have already knit several things out of this book because they 1. are very quick (so you can see them come together before your eyes) and 2. turn out beautiful. Example numero one;


This is pre-blocking of course


4. This week was my transition into a paid position at the vet hospital. While I don't get as much hands-on experience with the animals, I am getting PAID and I am learning a bunch of medical terminology. The down side is that it is another job where I sit at the computer all day, meaning I will have to find some sort of work out program to keep me from resembling a pear.

5. As I transitioned, my new boss asked me to add an hour onto the beginning of my day. Luckily starting a week from now summer hours kick in at my other job and I will be working 9am-3pm at the vet hospital and 4pm-9pm at the Center. If I was still working until 9:30 pm, wake up call coming an hour earlier would definitely be kicking me in the nads every morning.

6. My cats are insane. They spend ALL night playing. This includes using my (slightly more doughy than I would like it to be) stomach as a trampoline. Does anyone have any valium that I could slip in their dinners?

Why yes, I am as Evil as I look!



7. This week and last I have received several packages. My Aunt (told you she was lovely) got me a new pair of shoes. Mine have fallen apart, too much walking to work I guess. My mother sent me a huge box filled with yarn (wa hooo), pictures, a few books, some food, kitten toys (for the boys) and beef jerky (for The Boy). Like any toddler though, the boys were more interested in the actual box than any of its contents.


Ah, So Comfy!


8. Even though it is hotter than Hades outside, I am currently knitting a hat. It is from a vintage leaflet that was sent by one of my other Aunts a while ago. Some of the patterns she sent me were from as early as 1961. They were so very cool to look through. This hat is very cute and contains a small amount of cabling, a technique I don't have much practice with. It will be donated when I am finished with it, not because I don't like it but because I know there are so many people in need of hats around the world that someone could give it a good home.


2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Oh Lord - I immediately recognized the picture of the hat. And then you said the word "vintage". Groan. I bought that booklet about 23-24 years ago when my kids were small. And I still have it! Nothing like a kick in the pants to wake you up to the fact you bought something new that is now considered vintage. I think I'm going to go buy some wrinkle cream now . . ..

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, Love your blog. Your photos are exceptional. Can't wait for you to come home to visit. Maybe you could teach me how to "tuck" in the ends on your socks and you wouldn't have to deal with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home