Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

6.21.2006

No Pictures

That is almost like cursing around here, but it is true. The batteries on my camera done run outta juice. Regardless of the lack of pictures, a lot happened last week. I think I will recount my week for your reading enjoyment! I would like to just say now that my "vacation" was awesome, but I know understand why I usually keep myself a lot busier. I tend to get into a lot more trouble when I am left to my own vices.

Last Sunday I went shopping with one of my bestest Columbus buds. Sara and I had a great time trying on clothes and "ooo"ing and "ahhh"ing over sparkley things. After that we swore to each other that we were going on a diet because we just didn't look as hot as we wanted to in the different dresses. Then, we went to Applebee's. What is wrong with me really? hehe. We finished the evening by gathering up our boys and some brews and watching King Kong. I fell sleep- haha.

Monday, I worked in the morning, but then Dave and I got to spend the afternoon together. We ran errands and simply enjoyed each other's company. It is so rare that we get to just "hang out." He had to work the night shift Monday night, so Sara and I went for a walk after he left. I had no idea just how beautiful the bike path was along the river. We might have to make a tradition out of that!

Tuesday is Poker Night. For more than a year now, the boys (and a couple of us girls) get together on Tuesdays for a little betting. I don't usually get to play because they start the game before I get home. It was nice to be done working for the day by 3 because I was able to play poker. The game was huge and I came in 4th place. It was wonderful!

Wednesday we went to see Tom MutherF---ing Petty. I'm not even kidding when I say that is the most fun I've had in a while. There was great music, good company and some sitting outside, which is something I don't get to do very often. I was designated driver, so I can say that I didn't have as much fun as Dave, but it was great to see him so happy. Just remembering that night makes me smile!

Thursday morning came a little too early, but the good part was that I only had to work until 4:30pm. Woot woot. After work, there may have been an emotional breakdown. I pulled it together though and hung out with my kitties and Dave for a while. We watched crappy tv and snuggled on the couch. It was relaxing, good preparation for our big day on Friday.

The last day of the work week went by in a flash. I was by myself all day at the job for the first time and managed to keep the work load under control. I left a couple minutes early- clocking out at just under 33 hours for the week. Dave picked me up and we went to an appointment together. After the appointment, we left to drive up to Cleveland, stopping for Arbies on the way. That is a fast food that is absolutely wonderful, every once in a while. We got to visit with his parents for a while before we met up with his high school buddy. Shooting the breeze and drinking like fish, we were up until almost 4 am. I may be getting too old for this- but it was fun!

Saturday was The Big Day for another one of Dave's high school friends. Her wedding was beautiful. It made me think about what I will have, someday. There was lunch at Stamper's, a sports bar. And a great reception. The music wasn't that great though, so we spent the majority of the evening outside. By the end of the night I was definitely ready to call it quits.

Sunday was Father's Day. This is not something I remember to prepare for, for obvious reasons. This meant getting up early (ow, my head hurts) and running out to the store to pick up something for Dave's father. His mom came too so that she could help us find something great. She ending up paying for Dave's gift, and also buying a little somethin-somethin for Dave and I too. There was some bbq at Famous Dave's for lunch, gift exchange, playing cards with the fam, napping (thank the lord), and then there was a party at Dave's friend Dave's house (is anybody else's head spinning?). It ended up that I had to be the one to drive back to Columbus. I'm not a fan of highway driving, but I did it- and we are still alive, score.

So, that was my vacation week. I wouldn't change it for the world, but now it's back to the grindstone. I am ready to start school so that I can have some quiet study time... hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home