Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

11.05.2006

Another swap

I signed up for the Homemade Christmas Ornaments swap. I have never understood blocking until this project. It started as this lump of string. K.J. was very intrigued. Then I soaked it in a little glue water and I pinned it out. I plan to make a few more to send to each person. What do you guys think?




I haven't done any "researching," meaning I haven't googled it yet, but how do you stiffen things up? The glue water worked ok, but I just wish it was a little less flimsy. I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out, and I might even make a few for Christmas present toppers for people I think would enjoy them!

*Tomorrow I will blog about my Saturday. It was fun, but rather weird. Stay tuned.

I will leave you with this picture of Fishbowl, my friends' kitty. She is adorable, but she hates the flash, so all the pictures have her squinting! hehe.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's this stuff called Stiffy (don't laugh) that is exactly what you want. You can mix it with water to achieve differing levels of stiffness, from "mostly floppy" to "stiff as a board." It's available at Michaels, and probably most other craft stores...if you can bring yourself to ask the employees where they keep the Stiffy. :)

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen,

I LOVE that ornament, it is so intricate. you never cease to make me a jealous jealous knitter!

love you and miss you!

love,
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home