Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

11.03.2006

More stuph.

A while back, through Chris' list of contests, I guessed how many socks Ms. Sew Crafty would have to knit each day in order to get through her stash in the month of SOCKtober. Well, I guessed right, and consequently added four skeins of absolutely amazing yarn to my stash. The package came on Monday and it was completely Halloween themed.

There is two pairs-worth of sock yarn wrapped in Halloween tissue paper. A package of orange Hot chocolate is standing up in the back (I've never seen anything like it before, I love it!) and two packages of chocolates, one with coffee beans inside, the other with Cherries!!



When I opened up the tissue paper, I came across absolutely beautiful yarn. The green is brilliant, not that green is my favorite color or anything. The variegated matches the color name perfectly, New England Foliage. I am in love. I can't wait to finish up the socks that I am currently working on so that I can start Mitts for my next swap-bot exchange (oh man, I think I may be addicted.) My plan is to use the New England Foliage and to copy her, who got this brilliant idea from her. Yay for great ideas! I am a big fan of using a great stitch pattern to make several different projections and I just think they look amazing!



One more huge thank you for the wonderful package. And, it does help that I can now tell RT I have a lot of catching up to do if I want a respectable sock yarn stash... hehehehehe.

Anyway, I think I will leave you with a picture of Gus-gus. He loves the camera, so it is hard to get a picture of him that isn't just a wrinkly nose, or a panting tongue. hehe.

( I guess I will insert those pictures later, lamearse blogger isn't letting me...)

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those would make beautiful fingerless gloves- love that colorway. :)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What a fun prize package!!!

Orange hot chocolate??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home