Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

11.04.2007

Hi, I have a blog?! Oh, I have a blog. Yes, so a lil bit ago I was surprisingly tagged for a meme by The Crafty Snargle herself, Sarah. I say surprisingly because although I try to write on a fairly regular basis (not so much lately), I really didn't realize there was anyone out there. It really made my day to be part of the knitting blog community instead of the lurker I usually am.

Ok, so on to the...

Rules:Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. The farm I grew up on was called "Ophardt's Fruit & Feathers." The majority of our income came from growing and selling apples, peaches, blueberries, raspberries, nectarines and several other fruits. We supplemented our income with Ostriches. We had several that lived on the farm. We gave tours, sold the eggs and feathers, and hatched out some eggs to add to our clan.

2. Since I grew up on a farm, I was in tip-top shape most of my youth. I worked hard, and my diet consisted of mostly raw fruits and veggies and lean meats. This is something that I can't hardly wait to get back to because my figure is not nearly as desirable now that I eat poorly and sit through 8 or so hours of class everyday!

3. As a young girl, I was told frequently that I would "make a great veterinarian someday." This was probably due to the fact that people knew right where to find me... near the animals. We always had horses, dogs, cats, and there was a pond full of fish to keep me busy. I would usually respond that there was no way I would ever be a vet because "I like their outsides better than their insides."

4. Well, after I graduated with my BS last year, I started at OSU's College of Veterinary Medicine. What changed my mind? In high school, I started working at a local vet clinic. I needed another job besides working on the farm, and I fell in love with the profession.

5. On a completely different topic, I had my first child's name picked out since I was very little. I would have a daughter (I was sure when I was little that you get to pick these sorts of things), and her name would be Alexis. Much to my dismay, Alexa Clare was born in March of this year. She is my very first niece and I love her--- but they stole my daughter's name, hehe.

6. Deep down inside of me, there is a very organized person. Unfortunately, she rarely fights her way to the surface. I go into stores like The Container Store and drool over organizational things. I have many totes and file folders. Yet, my house it still littered with piles of things I need to sort through. I continue to tell myself that someday I will have more time, all I need is more time. I'm pretty sure though that I will never have more time, just maybe though I will use it more wisely...

7. Perhaps I never have enough time because I love to be busy. Since I was 16, I have had 2 jobs. I even started vet school last year with 2 jobs. Half-way through the year though, I quit one of my jobs to focus more on my studies. This year, I really have no idea how I did it. School is like a 60-hour a week job and I love it.

8. Lastly, while I have been very busy with school, I still try to make as much time for family and friends as possible. People that are close to me are very important and there is never enough time to talk on the phone, e-mail, myspace or whatever. I love to keep in touch.

Right, as far as tagging people... I don't know if there are 8 people that I can tag, but if you would like to, feel free to nominate yourself. Let me know if you do because I would love to come by and read your 8 things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home