Cat got your....yarn?

Love the random, proper grammar optional

6.20.2007

This is the scarf that never ends

Yes, it goes on, and on my friends.

This is the part where I apologize for getting that song stuck in your head. I really am, very sorry.

I have officially been knitting Harry Potter scarves forever. While I do enjoy reading the books and watching the movies, I can only take these scarves for so long.

The first one took forever because last quarter was a bear. The scarf would go to school with me everyday and I would accomplish knitting across one needle, on a good day. -I am making it in the round, on double points.- With 27 rounds per stripe for 11 stripes (I don't believe this is perfect compared to the scarves from the movies but I just couldn't make anymore), that would take me 891 days to complete (27 rounds x 11 stripes x 3 needles per round).

So finally, I was finished with school and picked up the pace. I wasn't studying too much anymore, just working. Last week, I finished the first one. I immediately cast on the second one and have been working on it during slow times at work. Today I will start the 3rd stripe, but it just seems to be taking forever.

Next week, while I am off of work (I am going home to visit family/friends/old co-workers, so I don't count it as vacation really), I plan to do LOTS of knitting. My goal is to have the second scarf completed and all the ends tucked in by next Wednesday.

While this may be a little ambitious, I have to think about the fact that I still have sockapalooza socks to get cracking on! I am so excited to get to work on those babies, I just have to come up with some ideas! I think I have some yarn that will work, but my sock pal mentioned something about knee highs. That is going to take me for-ev-er. Good thing I like knitting.... ;-)

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Romi said...

Heeee. That song works for so many projects, doesn't it?!?! ;)

Have fun next week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home